Monday, September 20, 2010

The next stretch of Route 66


That's right, it's a stuffed horse. Trigger, to be exact. He was Roy Rodgers famous horse that he had stuffed and put into his museum. It used to be located in Oklahoma then was moved to Branson, Missouri. The museum closed down in 2009. Sadly, while on my trip down Route 66, we didn't stop here and see the awesome stuffed horse. All I have to remember this place by is a picture of the sign taken out the passenger side window while traveling at 70 mph.

 The next state we hit was Texas. The only major place to stop was Amarillo, though if we were thinking ahead we would have stopped in the town of Panhandle. Yes, it's a real town. Really the only thing I remember about Amarillo is the GIANT ROACH in the motel. After recovering from a heart attack, we trapped this quarter pounder with legs and tried to flush it down the toilet. Notice I said "tried". This thing literally swam against the current and did not go down. I almost felt sorry for this roach version of Michael Phelps, then we just threw some toilet paper on top of him and flushed again. Needless to say, I had a little trouble sleeping that night.
 Our time spent in Texas was short and I guess you could say, eventful. I was looking forward to New Mexico and views of beautiful mountains and high plains deserts. Check back next week to see if what really happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment